It's been a Year.

A year ago this morning I received the horrible news of Jeff's passing. Unexpected, unimaginable and heartbreaking. He was one of the most incredible men I have ever met, and he was the father and husband of some of the most amazing women that I know.

I can't believe it has been a year.  I have watched my friend struggle with finding herself again, and figuring out how life goes on when everything that you know has been drastically changed. The answers will never all be there, and the void may never be completely filled. However, I have witnessed how much love he left behind in his beautiful daughters and incredibly strong wife and I know that even though they have been changed, they will be ok. He would be so proud of all of you.

I know it isn't easy, and I know it isn't fair. But I admire your strength, and the love and laughter you are still able to share with everyone you know.


Last night a flurry of people gathered to release lanterns to pause and remember a man that is not easily forgotten. It was incredible to see so many gather to share stories, tears and memories of a truly wonderful man.















 My new favorite picture. Three of my favorite people.
















8 comments

Dena said...

Beautifully captured. So sorry for their and your loss.

Jessica Svoboda Photography said...

i am so very sorry for their loss. this is so BEAUTIFULLY documented. you did such a lovely job capturing this. the lantern release is sooooo lovely.

Maura said...

Lovely tribute that you've documented perfectly.

Unknown said...

Beautifully shot, I love the lanterns.

Anonymous said...

Such a special way of honouring someone. So sorry for the loss.

Unknown said...

so sad....and sorry for your loss.

Julie Paisley said...

This is so sweet. So sorry for your loss but what a neat way to remember him. Looks like he was greatly loved.

Ronda Wollard Originals said...

What a lovely way to remember someone <3